Today, Simon Data is proud to announce the launch of our free native app on Snowflake: IdentityQA.
Launching today with the public announcement of Snowflake’s brand-new Native App marketplace is IdentityQA from Simon Data, an easy, free way to diagnose customer identity models for clients using Snowflake.
IdentityQA, a free Native app by Simon Data, gives Data Engineers an easy way to quickly surface errors in their customer identity table. Customer identity is the lifeblood of a healthy customer experience, from sales, marketing, and customer support.
But, before IdentityQA, there was not an easy way for data engineers to check the accuracy of their identity table. Often, QAing a broken identity table meant hours of manual work by data engineers.
A little background on identity resolution
Identity resolution is the foundational element for modern digital marketing. Defined as the process of attributing customer behavior and interactions across all touch points, platforms, or channels to a single unified customer profile. Identity resolution is powered by a customer identity model, a structured framework that captures and organizes key customer information such as email, phone number, and user ID.
Without a reliable identity model, marketers are forced to engage with their customers in generic batch and blast messages, and risk sending the wrong message, to the wrong person, at the wrong time.
For data engineers, the first step towards solving the identity resolution problem is moving customer data into a centralized cloud data warehouse. But, getting all of your data in one place is just the beginning – you need a solid identity model to unify that data in an organized and consistent fashion.
But the question remains: how solid is your identity model? How can you be sure of its accuracy? For a while, there was no way to independently verify the quality and accuracy of your identity model. And while your marketing team may be complaining about duplicate customer profiles, incomplete and inaccurate data, and fragmented customer views (all telltale signs of an incorrect identity model) isolating the issue remains challenging for data engineers.
That is, until now.
With IdentityQA, data engineers can…
- Run comprehensive identity analysis: IdentityQA provides a comprehensive analysis of your existing identity model, enabling you to identify flaws and weaknesses in your customer profiles. IdentityQA uncovers inconsistencies, duplicate records, and incomplete information that may be hindering your marketing team’s efforts.
- Access real-time insights: Use IdentityQA to stay up-to-date with your customer profiles and continuously monitor and analyze identity data within your Snowflake instance. This ensures you have the most accurate and complete customer information at your disposal and empowers your marketer team to execute highly personalized campaigns with confidence.
- Make data-driven improvements: Armed with actionable insights from IdentityQA, you can implement changes and optimizations to enhance the quality and integrity of your customer data.
- Integrate seamlessly: IdentityQA seamlessly integrates with your existing Snowflake infrastructure, leveraging its robust capabilities. There’s no need for additional data transfers or complex integrations. Simply install IdentityQA from Snowflake’s native app marketplace and start uncovering valuable insights and pinpointing issues right away.
How IdentityQA works
We built IdentityQA using Snowflake’s new native application framework. The app works by enabling Snowflake users to perform quality assurance on their own data and identity model. Our app does not build an identity model; rather, it requires you to indicate a pre-built identity model and assumptions to validate.
Inputs to the application include:
- Source table that contains relevant identifiers
- Identifier names & data types
- Constraint definitions, for example:
- email & user_id are 1:1
- iuser_id should be unique
Within minutes of running IdentityQA, you will see a set of Snowflake tables that can be manually inspected, as well as a QA dashboard that allows you to understand if your assumptions hold true.
Given the constraints configured in the input, the output will show you which tests passed or failed, and provide examples of data that’s invalid and can be cleaned up.
Think of IdentityQA as an identity “sandbox.” You can use the output to inform any changes that should be made to your existing identity model, or you can run it retroactively after making changes to your identity model. We also recommend periodically running the app to ensure the underlying data, such as email addresses and phone numbers, pass quality checks
IdentityQA offers benefits to both data engineering and marketing users. It grants data engineers a useful starting point for correcting an identity model that they may not even know is broken. And marketers will no longer need to wonder if the data powering their communications and marketing experiences is correct or not. They will be able to trust the data in their customer profiles and use it to engage with audiences thoughtfully, in context and in a hyper-personalized manner.
How to get started
It is crucial to invest in your identity model to ensure accurate customer profiles, personalized experiences, and effective marketing campaigns. Regular monitoring, data quality checks, and leveraging advanced technologies like IdentityQA can help mitigate these risks and improve the overall effectiveness of your identity model.
If you’re interested in learning more about IdentityQA, visit our listing in the Snowflake native app marketplace. To get started, simply install the free app and follow the step-by-step instructions